A dramatic Shakespearean response to every situation
- When something bad happens: True is it that we have seen better days.
- When something REALLY bad happens: O woe! O woeful, woeful, woeful day! Most lamentable day. Most woeful day That ever, ever I did yet behold! O day, O day, O day! O hateful day! Never was seen so black a day as this.O woeful day! O woeful day!
- When people say that something is wrong because the Bible says so: The Devil can cite scripture for his purpose.
- When my girlfriend abandons me for food: FRAILTY, THY NAME IS WOMAN!
- When someone doesn't thank me for holding the door open for them: BLOW, BLOW, BLOW, THOU WINTER WIND! THOU ART NOT SO UNKIND AS MAN'S INGRATITUDE!
- When I burn something while cooking: MY CAKE IS DOUGH!
- When human stupidity frustrates me: LORD, WHAT FOOLS THESE MORTALS BE!
- When someone says I'm going to hell for my sins: NYMPH, IN THY ORISONS BE ALL MY SINS REMEMBER'D.
- When I'm broke: My pride fell with my fortunes
- When someone turns the light on after a period of darkness and blinding light ensues: OH, SHE DOTH TEACH THE TORCHES TO BURN BRIGHT!
- When someone disagrees with me: THERE ARE MORE THINGS IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, HORATIO, THEN ARE DREAMT OF IN YOUR PHILOSOPHY.
- When I argue with my boyfriend: The course of true love never did run smooth.
- When I'm embarrassed: MUST I HOLD A CANDLE TO MY SHAMES?!
- Someone says "Good Night": Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.
- When I'm doing the laundry: OUT, damned spot!
- When I'm looking in the mirror: Thou art a lump of foul deformity.
“I needed Spidey in my life as a kid, and he gave me hope…Peter Parker has inspired me to feel stronger, he made me, Andrew, braver. He reassured me that by doing the right thing it’s worth it, it’s worth the struggle, it’s worth the pain, it’s worth even the tears and the bruises and the blood…He saved my life.” - Andrew Garfield
"We need both to aspire and accomplish. Without a vision for your life, without a sense of purpose, you will begin to die a slow death."
"When we were in Boston, it was like, we would wake up and we would be the only people we’d know. But when we got back to LA, I was miserable. Andrew has a girlfriend here, and so he wouldn’t spend every minute with me."
— Jesse Eisenberg, re: filming The Social Network
in LA after returning from shooting in Boston. (via peaceandflying
“I remember reading the script of the scene where you’re sitting outside and she kisses you. The first time Jenny kisses you. When I read that scene I was like “oh I do not like Jenny. No, get her out.” And I watched the scene and the way Vanessa played it, my heart broke for her and Patrick kissed her I think it was a moment where, I hate watching him kiss anybody but I was like yeah! I don’t like this but I do!” - Troian Bellisario
"The less you reveal, the more people can wonder."
"Fiction may be about lying - on the surface, anyway - but fiction is about hiding the truth behind those lies. It’s about using those lies to say something true and real. It’s about showing the reader something. It’s about making them feel.
And how we do that as authors is to put ourselves into our work, and make it mean something to us, so that it will mean something to the reader. That’s what we should do. That’s our job."
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” -Ferris Bueller